Saturday, September 06, 2008

More from Nazareth

This is just outside the White Mosque. Just after I snapped it, a man walked by and shook his head at us. I find the juxtaposition of the signs strange and fascinating.


This little boy ran up to me in the shuk and pointed at my camera - would I take his picture? I said of course and his beautiful face lit up. He signaled at me to wait a moment while he ran to ask his mother if it was OK. Less than a minute later he was posing.


As promised, the bust of Padre Pio for Nana. This was just inside the gates leading to the entrance of the Synagogue Church: the synagogue is said to be where Jesus preached; a church was later built right beside it. Padre Pio was a welcome face: Nana attributes the miracle of Dad being here to Padre Pio answering her prayers.


On Paulus VI.


To the left of the entrance to the Church of the Annunciation.

No comments: